Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Story Time!

By Jovon James

It was another peaceful day in the Alaskan mountains as my Siberian husky, Rocket and I were preparing for our daily adventure. As we were getting ready to leave Rocket began to act quite strange. He frantically barked and curiously sniffed all around him. Although he often behaved this way, this time was very different. Thankfully, he soon calmed down. We then set out on our adventure and voyaged to the highest mountain in Alaska like we always do. As we arrived at the top of the mountain, we laid down and watched the picturesque view of all the snow-covered mountains and trees in the distance. Suddenly, I began to feel tremendously exhausted and eventually fell asleep. While I was asleep, I dreamt about an evil soul taking one of the most important things in my life.  I just couldn't seem to figure out what it was. I then abruptly woke up, feeling agitated and disturbed. As soon as I looked to my left, I noticed that my dog, Rocket was gone! I instantly began to panic, thinking about all the bad things that could've happened to him.
          For a brief moment, I thought about how irresponsible I was to lose my dog. I was hoping that he probably just wandered off and was quickly on his way back.  After sitting at the top of the mountain for almost two hours, hoping for his return, there was no sign of Rocket.  Worrying about the safety of my dog, I decided to go on a hunt for him. I searched all day and night through the treacherous mountains of Alaska looking for Rocket only to fail. I anxiously shouted his name, but nothing worked in my favor. Hopeless, I chose to go home. While trying to find my way through the trail, I realized that I was stranded in the Alaskan mountains. Fearing for my life, I cluelessly ran through the snow-covered trees trying to get home. Suddenly, I stumbled upon a small cabin which seemed to be empty. As I got closer, I noticed that the lights were on. Thinking that someone was there, I decided to ask them to help me get back home. I cautiously entered the cabin, only to realize that it was abandoned. I then began to smell something quite odorous. It was my dog, Rocket, dripping with blood and lying lifeless of the floor. I abruptly reached for his chest, but unfortunately, there was no pulse. Grief and agony filled my soul as I wondered who could've done this to Rocket. Desperate to find the killer, I rapidly ran through the door in search of them.
          Then, I looked into the distance and spotted a strange looking man. He was wearing what seemed to be a black leather jacket. I looked deep into his eyes only to receive a sinful stare in return. In the blink of an eye, he hurriedly dashed off into the woods. Instantly, I figured out that he was responsible for the death of Rocket. I then bolted into the woods as fast as I could, eagerly trying to catch him before he could escape. As I made my way into the woods, the mist of the snow prevented me from locating the killer. Then, all of a sudden, a gentle voice in my head whispered to me to keep going forward. I willingly listened to it and kept on going forward. With the help of the voice in my head, I swiftly moved through the woods. Then, in an instant, I heard a quick movement in the close distance. I then slowly proceeded to trail into that direction. I then came upon the supposed killer hiding behind a tree. I could tell that he was out of breath by the intensity of his breathing. I quickly picked up a sharp-edged piece of wood and slowly approached him.              
          Without warning, he vigorously tried to attack me but luckily I was able to tackle him to the ground. I aggressively held down on his throat as he tried to fight me back. As I held him down, he uttered to me "That was quite a nice dog you had”. Hearing that statement immediately sent shivers down my spine. My body instantly filled with rage and irritation. Without hesitation, I violently stabbed him in his chest. After getting my revenge on the cabin keeper, I decided to travel back home with the help of the voice in my head. During my journey back home, I stopped at the cabin to get my slaughtered dog, Rocket. As I reached home, I paid my respects to Rocket, knowing that it was my last time ever seeing. I then considerably buried Rocket and sat alone in my house sobbing for the rest of the day. I became frustrated with myself for knowing how irresponsible I was by falling asleep and causing his death. Ever since that day, I have learned a lot about responsibility and to never take anything for granted.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Motivational Monday!

By: Aashiana Maharaj  Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a great week. Today I wanted to share with you one of my favourite quote...