Wednesday, May 22, 2019

One Pager Summaries!

By Lisa Cielto

I have been seeing one pager activities all over Instagram. Teachers have been using this visual summary activity in various subjects and I knew I had to try it! For those who aren't sure what these are, they are basically summaries that are very visual and only take up one page. Students take apart the lesson, looking for new vocabulary, general content, additional facts and anything else that might be interesting and important concerning the lesson. Then, they use their creativity and expression to make the information more attractive to look at - and thus exciting to review!

I just had to try them out! So, this term in my poetry unit I tested them out as a biography assignment. It was the students first try, and they really performed. I took pics of those, but somehow they get deleted from my phone...

Last week, I tried it in History class. We had now started a chapter on the Years After Confederation. Students read the content, and we discussed as a whole class activity. At this point, when I was sure everyone understood the content, each student did a #onepager! Take a look at how they turned out!
Check out #teachersofInstagram and other similar hashtags to see other examples of one-pagers done by kids from around the world!!! If you have used them in your classroom leave pics in the comments section down below! Take care guys, keep on teaching!

6 comments:

  1. I think this is very interesting and helpful for studying

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was very helpful for my understanding of this topic from history class

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how we can incorporate art into study tools. This is always an exciting assignment for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very helpful tool to ensure that a student learns their work! Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Motivational Monday!

By: Aashiana Maharaj  Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a great week. Today I wanted to share with you one of my favourite quote...